- Submissions for issue #4 (May 2024) are open from November 1st until November 30th 2023.
- I will be looking to have a broad variety of genres. Fantasty, scifi, western, and many other sub-genres have made appearances in previous issues. Check the medium specific details for additional information.
- All content must be original and previously unpublished.
- Works should be completed. Editorial support will be available through ANVIL, but it should not be a necessity.
- I am not looking for any content that is primarily religious, political commentary, erotic romance, or detailed, graphic violence or sex. If you are not sure what qualifies, send an email.
- Short stories between 2,000 and 8,000 words.
- Compensation will be $0.02 per word, as submitted.
- Although we are open to all submissions, we are less likely to consider stories that are vignettes, require serialization, exceed the word count, or are written in present tense.
- Comics ideally between 5 and 20 pages.
- Compensation will be determined on a case by case basis, but will generally fall between $30 a page for things like previews, and up to $60 per page for complete comics. Overall pricing is usually between $250 and $1000. Your submission should include your desired price. If you would like to discuss pricing before submitting please send an email.
- Your submission should include a full script, thumbnails, and one page of completed art.
- Although we are open to all submissions, we are less likely to consider comics that are not entirely stand alone, fail to fall within the target page count, or do not have a complete story arc.
- Publishing agreement will confer exclusivity and royalties for sales exceeding initial projections, generally limited to six months. Subject to negotiation.
- Submissions must be received between November 1st and November 30th. Short fiction must be complete. Comics must have completed scripts and thumbnails. Expect a response by December 30th.
- Email submissions to email@example.com with the subject of `Issue #4 Submission` and the submission itself attached as a pdf. Formatted as follows:
Artist Portfolio Submissions
- I`m continuously looking for high quality artists, excited to collaborate with myself and authors for ANVIL. I will need covers, interior art, and commercial art for each issue.
- My goal is to match artists with stories that they enjoy and compliment their skills. Preferably I`d love to take a relatively hands off approach to the art design overall, so if that sounds interesting...
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of `ANVIL Art Portfolio` and the submission itself attached as a pdf. Formatted as follows:
Estimated Rates and Lead Times for:
- Cover Art
- Full Page Illustrations
- Half Page Illustrations
- Quarter Page Illustrations
- Commercial Art (Posters, T-Shirts, etc)
- Samples of Work: 4 to 12 pieces of art from your portfolio, 1-2 pieces per page.